Aryans at first on the banks of the rivers -the Saraswati and the Drishadvati, and in the course of their expansion covered a wider area of Hisar and Fatehabad. The area was probably included in the kingdom of Pandavas and their successors. PÄá¹‡ini mentions quite a few towns of the region-Aisukari, Taushayana (Tohana) and Rori which have been identified with Hisar, Tohana and Rori, respectively2. According to Puranas, the areas of Fatehabad district remained a part of Nanda empire. The discovery of Ashokan pillars at Hisar and Fatehabad shows that the area of the district remained a part of Mauryan empire.By 1798, Agroha and Tohana were important parganas under the control of George Thomas. When George Thomas was driven out from here by the Sikh-Maratha-French Confederacy, a French Officer Lt. Bourquian controlled these areas on behalf of Marathas . He is said to have rebuilt the towns of Tohana and Hissar. Later these areas were placed under the charge of Illias Beg, a Mughal noble of Hansi.With the treaty of Surji Anjangaon 1803, the British became the rulers of this area and Marathas were vanquished forever. In November, 1884, the Sirsa district was abolished and Sirsa tahsil after the distribution of villages was formed . In 1889, 15 villages forming a detached block known as Budhlada were transferred form Kaithal tahsil to Fatehabad tahsil. The Barwala tahsil containing139 villages was abolished with effect from January 1, 1891 and its area was distributed between 3 contiguous tahsils ; 13 villages going to Hansi, 24 to Hisar and 102 to Fatehabad. At the same time 13 villages were transferred from Hissar tahsil to Bhiwani tahsil and a sub-tahsil was established at Tohana in Fatehabad tahsil.